Acne can also affect anyone, of any age and while it’s common in teenagers, adults can also develop acne later on in life, even if problem skin hasn’t ever been an issue in the past. If over the counter remedies aren’t effective at treating your acne and reducing flare ups, laser treatment for acne can be an alternative, effective option.
We know ourselves that when acne is excessive, it can wipe out self-confidence and make social interactions difficult or embarrassing – an experience that can take years to get over. MySkin is here to help you regain your confidence by treating the issues that most commonly cause acne.
MySkin laser treatments use Candela IPL (intense pulsed light) technology to target the metabolism of the acne bacteria and destroy it without affecting the surrounding tissue – removing the symptom of the acne infection. With repeated sessions of the acne treatment, it is destroyed faster than the bacteria grows, leading to less inflammation, which also stops further scarring.
For our money, laser treatment is the way forward for acne, as it treats both the symptoms and the mechanism that causes the overproduction of sebum. At MySkin, we treat the three types of acne:
As we know, this is the clogging of the hair follicles and pores leading to unsightly and sometimes painful skin lesions and pimples.
This covers the back, chest and buttocks with pustules and nodules, which might cause a severe bacterial infection, as well as extensive scarring – one to avoid!
An inflammation of the face, neck or chest.
In addition to easing the symptoms, the UV light reduces the blood flow to the sebaceous glands – responsible for all that sebum! – and reduces the amount produced in the skin, so avoiding clogged pores and follicles.
By changing your diet, hygiene and skincare, you can start to minimise the cause of acne so that your skin isn’t triggered so often and doesn’t get inflamed and infected. At MySkin Birmingham, we can help if you do have a breakout with our Candela Laser/ SWT acne treatment.
After a personal consultation, we recommend a schedule of 4 sessions, once every 3-4 weeks. If needed, this routine can be repeated again to achieve even better results. Our MySkin laser acne treatment is incredibly effective and much faster than other topical treatments and less invasive than antibiotics for a non-medical treatment for spots and acne. Take a look at our reviews to see just how well our acne treatment works.
Performed by experienced laser skin clinicians in our bright and modern clinic using the very latest laser technology, we have a very high success rate and have helped hundreds of patients to get their acne under control and face life with confidence once again.
We can treat clients with the various types acne that meet the Fitzpatrick scale skin types ranging from 1-3 and even skin type 4 on assessment and with caution. so we are happy to talk with anyone wishing to explore treatment plans for acne treatments in Birmingham.
Everyone’s pain tolerance is different, so our clients’ reports tend to differ. Generally speaking, the laser feels like a quick pinch from a rubber band.
Yes, you will want to avoid doing anything or using any products that can cause irritation or damage to the skin. Plan to avoid pools and spas, rigorous activities that will cause excess sweating, very hot water during showers or baths, and tanning. You will also want to begin a new sunblock regime that includes daily application of SPF30 to your skin, particularly the treated areas.
Clients may notice some general redness on the face. Following the treatment, pigmented areas may appear darker and will eventually disappear.
Due to the bacteria being difficult to eradicate completely, you will probably be recommended to continue using adaplene cream or gel some months after the treatment has ended.
1. CLINICALLY TRAINED: Everyone on our team at MySkin Laser Clinic is clinically trained to perform all of our skincare treatments. Many of us have also experienced them ourselves!
2. PERSONALISED EXPERIENCE: When you walk through the doors of MySkin Laser Clinic, we want you to immediately feel a sense of peace and calm. Before starting a treatment, we not only want to learn all about your skin, but we also want to learn about you. You are at the heart of our boutique skincare centre.
3. CENTRALLY LOCATED: Located at 95 Newhall Street in Birmingham, MySkin Laser Clinic’s location was chosen for its abundance of natural light as much as the ease with which our clients can visit our space.
4. PROVEN RESULTS: When our clients choose to pursue skincare treatment, they are doing so because they want to experience results. And, we can confirm they do! For example, we remove up to 98% of unwanted hair for our laser hair removal patients.
5. CARE & COMPASSION: Our appointments are spaced so we can always offer a relaxed, personalised experience to each of our clients. We want to uncover the problem areas of your skin with you, and we want to create treatment plans that allow you to experience your desired results. Our clients are at the heart of everything we do, and we always feel honoured to offer a space for them to boost their self-confidence and self-care.